State-funded PCR testing
Persons who cohabit with confirmed cases or those who have come into contact with confirmed cases, and citizens or residents (including foreign nationals) who are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
Please call: Call 03-3363270 to have the Department of Public Health arrange for testing.
14 Designated Hospital List:
- Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou
- Tao Yuan General Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Landseed International Hospital
- Min-Sheng Hospital
- Tao Yuan General Hospital SinWu Branch, Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Chung Li Ten Chen General Hospital
- Yang Mei Ten Chen General Hospital
- Taoyuan Armed Forces General Hospital
- Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taoyuan Branch
- Yeezen General Hospital
- Saint Paul's Hospital
- GeneRock Precision Medical Laboratory
- Dianthus MFM CenterTaoyuan
- Taoyuan Chang Gung Memorial Hospital
Personal Identification Documents
Please bring your NHI Card and personal identification documents, such as your National ID, Resident Certificate, visa, or passport.
- The Department of Public Health will arrange for testing, do not visit the testing stations without an appointment.
- Provide basic information and reason for testing onsite and complete state-funded testing.
- A note will be made in the NHI card of persons who have been tested for a period of 30 days.
- Should the test results come back as positive, please comply with the Department of Heath’s contact tracing work. Those with mild symptoms will be transferred to designated quarantine facilities, and those with severe symptoms will be admitted to a hospital for further treatment.
- While waiting for the test results, please monitor your health and mask up.
Out-of-pocket PCR testing
All persons who match any one of the 9 out-of-pocket PCR testing categories:
(1) Persons undergoing home isolation/quarantine who must leave quarantine to visit immediate family members (grandparents, parents, siblings, children, or grandchildren) who are in critical condition or to attend the funeral of the aforementioned immediate relatives
(2) People who have to travel to other countries and regions because of accidents or illness involving overseas family members
(3) People who must be tested because of work
(4) People on short-term business trips
(5) People traveling overseas for school
(6) Foreign nationals or persons from China, Hong Kong, and Macau who plan on departing Taiwan
(7) Family members of subjects who fulfill the subject criteria and plan on departing Taiwan
(8) Subjects authorized by the CECC
(9) People who require testing for other reasons not specified above
How to Make an Appointment
Make an appointment with a designated hospital by phone, the internet, or in person.
Location: 11 designated hospitals
Personal identification documents: Passport (original copy and photocopy) and travel documents such as electronic airline tickets (paper copy); NHI card, work papers, and proof of school enrollment
- Prepare the necessary documents and visit the hospital at the scheduled time.
- Complete the out-of-pocket COVID-19 testing form and undergo testing.
- Reports for regular tests are available within 48 hours of testing and range from NTD $3,500 to NTD $9,000.
- Reports for expedited tests are available within 24 hours of testing and range from NTD $7,000 to NTD $12,600.
While waiting for the test results, please monitor your health and mask up.
Rapid COVID-19 Home Tests